Revision as of 16:44, 1 November 2012 by Helpful
| These are primarily notes|
It won't be complete in any sense.
It exists to contain fragments of useful information.
|This article/section is a stub — probably a pile of half-sorted notes, is not well-checked so may have incorrect bits. (Feel free to ignore, or tell me)|
Autorun refers to the concept of the computer reacting to insertion of some (portable) drive, CD, DVD, or such, and usually to the windows implementation of this concept.
- Can be disabled using TweakUI, Drive properties (per drive), Device Manager (per drive), and editing the registry (different options)
- Autorun.inf mostly alters the way Autorun/Autoplay works (see MSDN: 'Autorun.inf Entries')
- setting labels, setting icons, adding items to autoplay
- is the name of the popup that tells you what a (portable) drive contains, and whether you want to view, play, or do something else with it.
- Vista's version is more detailed